Kingsnorth (St. Michael)
KINGSNORTH (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of West Ashford, hundred of Chart and Longbridge, lathe of Shepway, E. division of Kent, 2¾ miles (S.) from Ashford; containing 416 inhabitants. It comprises 3244a. 3r. 20p., of which 1777 acres are pasture, 1200 arable, and 183 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 9. 9½., and in the gift of John Alliston, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £630, and the glebe comprises 21 acres. The church contains, on the north side of the chancel, a handsome monument to Humphrey Clarke.