KINGSLAND, a chapelry, partly in the parish of Islington, Finsbury division, and partly in the parish and union of Hackney, Tower division, of the hundred of Ossulstone, county of Middlesex, 1 mile (N. E.) from London. This place consists of continuous ranges of buildings, extending a considerable distance along the road from London to Tottenham and Edmonton, and of several streets of recent erection branching off from the main road on both sides. Part of the ground is occupied by nurserymen and market-gardeners. Previously to the middle of the fifteenth century, here was an hospital, or house for lepers, which, after the Reformation, became annexed to St. Bartholomew's Hospital, and was used as a kind of out ward to that institution; but in 1761, the patients were removed from Kingsland, and the site of the establishment was let on a building lease, with the exception of the chapel, which was not removed till the year 1846. Here are places of worship for Independents.