King's-Caple (St. John the Baptist)
KING'S-CAPLE (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Ross, Upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county of Hereford, 5¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Ross; containing 299 inhabitants. It is bounded on all sides, except the east, by the Wye; and consists of 1697 acres of a productive soil. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Sellack: the appropriate tithes, which belong to the Dean and Chapter of Hereford, have been commuted for £330, and the vicarial for £172. 10.; the appropriate glebe is valued at £19, and the vicarial at £3. 10., per annum.