KIMBERWORTH, a township and ecclesiastical district, in the parish and union of Rotherham, N. division of the wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill, W. riding of York, 2 miles (W.) from Rotherham; the district containing 2065 inhabitants. The township comprises about 2940 acres, of which the surface is varied; the substratum abounds with coal and iron-ore, and there are several quarries of building-stone. The village is situated on an eminence. At the Holmes are large iron and steel works, in which were cast the iron bridges of Southwark in London, Staines in the county of Middlesex, Yarm in the county of York, and Sunderland in the county of Durham. The church, dedicated to St. Thomas, was erected in 1842, at an expense of £1333, on a site given by John Saumarez Winter, Esq., of London; it is a neat structure in the early English style, with a campanile turret. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Rotherham; net income, £150. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.