KIMBERLEY, a hamlet, and formerly a chapelry, in the parish of Greasly, union of Basford, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham; containing 1778 inhabitants. It comprises about 800 acres of land, and has a considerable village, scattered upon elevated and broken ground at the southern extremity of the parish. Lawn mills, here, for grinding corn, were built in 1844; and there is an extensive brewery. The ancient chapel of ease, some time in ruins, has entirely disappeared. There are places of worship for Primitive Methodists and Wesleyans; and an infants' school, built in 1840.