Kilworth, South (St. Nicholas)
KILWORTH, SOUTH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Lutterworth, hundred of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester, 4½ miles (E. S. E.) from Lutterworth; containing 478 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 8. 11½., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £500, with a glebe-house. The church is an ancient edifice with a beautiful spire; the north aisle was rebuilt in 1840, at a cost of £500, and the church was repewed at the same time. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a national school is supported by the rector. On the inclosure of the parish, 23½ acres were allotted for the repairs of the church.