KILVINGTON, NORTH, a township, in the parish of Thornton-le-Street, union of Thirsk, wapentake of Allertonshire, N. riding of York, 2½ miles (N.) from Thirsk; containing 63 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1210 acres, and is situated on the east side of the fertile vale of the small river Codbeck. Kilvington Hall, erected some few years since, is a neat brick mansion, with pleasant grounds. A tithe rentcharge of £132 is paid to the Dean and Canons of Oxford, and one of £29 to the Vicar. There is a chapel for Roman Catholics.