Kilvington (St. Mary)
KILVINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Newark, S. division of the wapentake of Newark and of the county of Nottingham, 7 miles (S.) from Newark; containing, with the hamlet of Alverton, 56 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, consolidated with that of Staunton in 1826, and valued in the king's books at £6. 12. 1. The church, which was situated only a quarter of a mile from that of Staunton, has been taken down, and the church rates of the two parishes are assessed jointly.