Kilton (St. Nicholas)
KILTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Williton, hundred of Williton and Freemanners, W. division of Somerset, 14 miles (N. W. by W.) from Bridgwater; containing 161 inhabitants. The parish comprises by computation 1400 acres of inclosed and profitable land, of which the greater portion is arable; and several hundred acres of waste on the Quantock hills. The surface is varied, and the scenery in some parts embellished with wood. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 6. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £189; impropriator, Sir P. P. Acland, Bart.