Killpeck (St. David)
KILLPECK (St. David), a parish, in the union of Dore, Upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, county of Hereford, 8¼ miles (S. W.) from Hereford; containing 238 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the north by the river Worm, and comprises 1976 acres, of which 1136 are arable, 700 meadow, and 140 wood. It abounds with romantic and richly-varied scenery. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £4. 11. 8.; net income, £50; patrons, the Clive family; appropriator, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is a very ancient structure, in the Norman style, of which it displays some interesting details in its various periods, from its massive simplicity to its more enriched and elegant transitions into the early English style. To the west of the church are some slight remains of a castle, and on the south are vestiges of a priory, situated in a pleasant vale.