KILLINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Kirkby-Lonsdale, union of Kendale, Lonsdale ward, county of Westmorland, 4 miles (S. W.) from Sedbergh; containing 301 inhabitants. The chapelry is situated on the river Lune, and on the road from Kendal to Sedbergh. It comprises 4785a. 2r. 7p., of which 3511 acres are pasture, 650 meadow, 460 arable, and 156 woodland; the soil is loam, sand, a moss, and the scenery of rugged character. The chapel, a very ancient structure, was repaired and new-pewed in 1824. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £80; patron, the Vicar of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Some tithes were commuted for land under an act of inclosure, in 1811; and under the recent Tithe act, rent-charges have been awarded, of which £1. 2. are payable to the vicar, and £27 to Trinity College, Cambridge. There is a glebe of 20 acres. A school is endowed with £6. 14. 6. per annum.