Killamarsh (St. Giles)
KILLAMARSH (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Chesterfield, hundred of Scarsdale, N. division of the county of Derby, 9 miles (N. E.) from Chesterfield; containing 906 inhabitants. The Chesterfield canal, and a railway communicating with the coal-mines in the vicinity, pass through the parish. The living is a rectory, separated from that of Eckington in June, 1843; it is in the patronage of the Crown, and endowed with a portion of the glebe of Eckington rectory, to the annual amount of about £300. The church is partly in the Norman style.