Kettlethorpe (St. Peter and St. Paul)
KETTLETHORPE (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Gainsborough, wapentake of Well, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 9½ miles (W. N. W.) from Lincoln; containing, with the hamlet of Laughterton and the township of Fenton, 501 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Trent, and comprises by measurement 3005 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £28; net income, £569; patron, Sir W. A. Ingilby, Bart.: the tithes were commuted for land in 1766; the glebe altogether comprises 300 acres. The church was rebuilt in 1810. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. John Becke, rector in 1597, bequeathed lands subsequently exchanged at the inclosure for others, now producing £20 per annum, to be divided among the poor.