Kettlestone (All Saints)
KETTLESTONE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 3¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Fakenham; containing 219 inhabitants. It comprises 1168a. 3r. 4p., of which 813a. 1r. 25p. are arable, 259a. 3r. 7p. pasture, and 95a. 2r. 36p. woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £290, and the glebe comprises 43 acres. The church is chiefly in the later style, with an octagonal tower. W. Newman, in 1777, left £500 to the poor, who have several other bequests.