Kenton (All Saints)
KENTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Plomesgate, hundred of Loes, E. division of Suffolk, 2¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Debenham; containing 287 inhabitants. It comprises 1100 acres; the surface is high table-land, and the soil clay and sand, alternated with loam. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8; patron and impropriator, Lord Henniker: the great tithes have been commuted for £147. 4. 8.; and the vicarial for £148, with a glebe of 30 acres. The church is an ancient structure, chiefly in the early English style, with some Norman doorway arches, and a square embattled tower. There is a farm producing £20 per annum, for repairing the church; and another is let for £30, which sum is distributed among the poor. A field called the Priory Field, is supposed to have been the site of some religious foundation.