KENTISH-TOWN, a chapelry, in the parish of St. Pancras, Holborn division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county of Middlesex, 3 miles (N.) from London; containing 10,348 inhabitants. This is a pleasant and populous village, situated between Camden-Town and Highgate, and consisting of lines of building along the road, and several good streets recently formed. To the south passes the Paddington canal, on the banks of which are coal-wharfs; there is a brewery, and the adjoining fields are chiefly occupied by cow-keepers. An act was passed in 1843 for paving, lighting, and otherwise improving the hamlet and its vicinity. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £200; patron, the Vicar of St. Pancras. The chapel, erected in 1784, was enlarged in 1816, and again in 1845; and now contains 1700 sittings. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.