Kenn (St. Andrew)
KENN (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of St. Thomas, hundred of Exminster, Wonford and S. divisions of Devon, 4¼ miles (S.) from Exeter; containing 1078 inhabitants. The lord of the manor holds his court at Kenneford, where a portreeve, two constables, and a tythingman, are sworn in at Michaelmas. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £46. 13. 4., and in the gift of J. Henry Ley, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £750, and the glebe comprises 52 acres. The church has a stone font in the early English style, and a good wooden screen.