Kemberton (St. Andrew)
KEMBERTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Shiffnall, Shiffnall division of the hundred of Brimstree, S. division of Salop, 3 miles (S. S. W.) from Shiffnall; containing 256 inhabitants. The parish occupies an elevated situation, commanding an extensive prospect over the surrounding country, and comprises by measurement 1387 acres, well adapted for corn. The surface is undulated; and the lower grounds are watered by numerous springs, and by a copious stream abounding with trout, which flows into the Severn near Bridgnorth. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of Sutton-Maddock annexed, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 5½., and in the gift of W. H. Slaney, Esq.: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £320, and the glebe comprises 38¾ acres. The church is a small but very neat edifice of brick, erected about the end of the last century.