KELSALL, a township, in the parish of Tarvin, union of Great Boughton, Second division of the hundred of Eddisbury, S. division of the county of Chester, 4¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Tarporley; containing 686 inhabitants, and comprising 1189 acres of land, of a sandy soil. This was formerly a military post of great importance, commanding the principal approach to Chester. Here is a quarry of excellent freestone; also a chalybeate spring. The tithes have been commuted for £99. 10. payable to the vicar, and £150. 10. to the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. A church, dedicated to St. Philip, was completed in 1847. The Wesleyans have a place of worship; and there is a national school.