Kelsale (St. Mary)
KELSALE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blything, hundred of Hoxne, E. division of Suffolk, 1 mile (N.) from Saxmundham; containing 1126 inhabitants, and comprising 3000 acres. The living is a rectory, with that of Carlton consolidated in 1679, valued in the king's books at £20. 0. 5.; patron, H. B. Bence, Esq. The tithes of Kelsale have been commuted for £700, and the glebe consists of 59 acres.