KELFIELD, a township, in the parish of Stillingfleet, union of Selby, wapentake of Ouse and Derwent, E. riding of York, 6¼ miles (N. by W.) from Selby; containing 315 inhabitants. The township comprises 1729 acres, partly the property of Lord Wenlock: the old manor-house is still encompassed by a moat. The village is seated on the banks of the Ouse, about a mile and a half to the south of Stillingfleet; and there is a ferry across the Ouse to Cawood. Rentcharges amounting to £463 have been awarded as commutations for the tithes; £143 are payable to the vicar, and £320 to the Dean and Chapter of York. The Wesleyans have a place of worship; and there is a free school, founded by Mrs. Mary Stillingfleet.