KELBROOK, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish of Thornton, union of Skipton, E. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Colne. This place is situated on the road from Skipton to Colne, and skirted on the south-west by the Leeds and Liverpool canal. Its surface is beautifully undulated, and the scenery is mountainous, the high grounds commanding extensive views of Pendle Hill, &c. The population is partly engaged in hand-loom weaving, and in a cotton-mill. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of Miss Currer, of Eshton Hall, by whom the church was chiefly erected, in 1838, at a cost of nearly £1000; it is a neat edifice, dedicated to St. Mary, containing 260 sittings. The Wesleyans have a place of worship.