Keinton-Mandeville (St. Mary Magdalene)
KEINTON-MANDEVILLE (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Langport, hundred of Catsash, E. division of Somerset, 4¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Somerton; containing 586 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from London to Taunton, comprising 647 acres. Blue lias of excellent quality for paving or building is found here. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 9.; net income, £151; patron, the Rev. Edward Allen. The tithes were commuted for corn-rents in 1804; the glebe comprises 90 acres. The church consists of a nave and chancel, with an arched passage on the north side of the former, which leads to an octagonal tower at the west end; the building was enlarged and repewed in 1841, when 140 sittings were added. There is a place of worship for Bryanites. The Roman Fosse-way passes on the south-east of the parish.