Keddington (St. Margaret)
KEDDINGTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Louth, Wold division of the hundred of Louth-Eske, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 1½ mile (N. E.) from Louth; containing 157 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1000 acres, and the canal from Louth to the sea passes through it. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £3. 6. 8.; net income, £77; patron, Sir W. E. Welby, Bart. The tithes were commuted for land in 1766; the glebe comprises 60 acres. The church is a neat edifice, and is also attended by the inhabitants of the extra-parochial district of Louth Park, which, though ecclesiastically within the parish, is for all civil purposes independent of it. There are some slight remains of a religious house; and a stream of water issuing from the spot is still called Monk's Dyke.