KECKWICK, a township, in the parish and union of Runcorn, hundred of Bucklow, N. division of the county of Chester, 6 miles (N. E. by N.) from Frodsham; containing 75 inhabitants. The manor anciently belonged to the family of Dutton, of Dutton, from whom it passed to the Astons, in the reign of Henry VIII. It was purchased by Sir Richard Brook, Bart., in 1843, for £35,000. The township comprises 516 acres, of a sandy and a clayey soil; and is intersected by the Liverpool and Birmingham railway and the Duke of Bridgewater's canal. A tithe rent-charge of £67 is paid to the Dean and Chapter of Oxford.