Keal, East (St. Helen)
KEAL, EAST (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, E. division of the soke of Bolingbroke, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 2¾ miles (S. W.) from Spilsby; containing 382 inhabitants. This parish, which comprises 1830a. 2r. 39p., is on the road from London to Louth; and facilities of conveyance are afforded by the Forty-foot Drain, which is navigable. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 11. 3.; net income, £495; patron and incumbent, the Rev. John Spence. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1773; the glebe-house was built by the present incumbent. The church is a neat structure. Some springs in the parish are slightly chalybeate.