Isle-Brewers (All Saints)
ISLE-BREWERS (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Langport, hundred of Abdick and Bulstone, W. division of Somerset, 4 miles (N.) from Ilminster; containing 338 inhabitants. It is separated by the river Isle from the parish of Isle-Abbot's, and comprises by admeasurement 1213 acres. The canal from Langport terminates at Westport, in this parish, where are convenient wharfs and warehouses connected with the coaltrade of the district. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 10.; patron and impropriator, General John Michell: the great tithes have been commuted for £27, and the vicarial for £195; the glebe comprises 14 acres of land. The church is a handsome structure, in the later English style of architecture.