Irnham (St. Andrew)
IRNHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Bourne, wapentake of Beltisloe, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 2½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Corby; containing 436 inhabitants. The parish comprises, with the township of Bulby with Hawthorpe, 3785a. 3r. 23p., chiefly arable land; there are about 600 acres of park and wood: the soil is generally a clay marl, with a small portion of stony brash. The living is a rectory, with the vicarage of Corby annexed, valued in the king's books at £13. 13. 9.; the patronage, and the impropriation of Corby, belonged to Lady E. Clifford. The tithes of Irnham have been commuted for £600, and there is a glebe-house, with about half an acre of garden. The church is in the early English style. At Irnham Hall is a place of worship for Roman Catholics; and a Roman Catholic school is supported by endowment. Six widows of that persuasion receive 4s. weekly, with an allowance of coal, from a bequest by John Thimbleby in 1712.