Irby-in-the-Marsh (All Saints)
IRBY-IN-THE-MARSH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Wold division of the wapentake of Candleshoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (E. by S.) from Spilsby; containing 139 inhabitants. It comprises about 1000 acres, and is intersected by the road between Spilsby and Wainfleet. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln, with a net income of £83: the tithes have been commuted for £105; there are about 20 acres of glebe. The church is a plain edifice of brick and sandstone, with a tower. Here are places of worship for Primitive and Wesleyan Methodists; and the parish receives about £40 per annum from Holden's charity, for the education and relief of the poor.