Ipstone (St. Nicholas)
IPSTONE (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Wycombe, partly in the hundred of Pirton, county of Oxford, but chiefly in that of Desbohough, county of Buckingham, 7 miles (N. W. by W.) from Marlow; containing 347 inhabitants, of whom 177 are in the Bucks portion. It comprises 1011 acres, of which 54 are common or waste. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 9. 4½., and in the gift of Merton College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £170, and the glebe comprises 22 acres. The church stands in Oxfordshire. The boundary line of the two counties passes through a room in the manorhouse.