IPING, a parish, in the union of Midhurst, hundred of Easebourne, rape of Chichester, W. division of Sussex, 3 miles (N. W. by W.) from Midhurst; containing 409 inhabitants. It is situated on the Rother, and comprises 1926a. 1r. 30p., of which 675 acres are arable, 326 meadow and pasture, 357 in woods and roads, 197 common, and 336 waste; the soil is a stiffish kind of clay mixed with sand. Near the church is a bridge of five arches over the Rother, on the bank of which river is a paper-mill, affording employment to fifty persons. The road from Midhurst to Petersfield passes through the parish. The living is a rectory, with the living of Chithurst annexed, valued in the king's books at £7, and in the patronage of Colonel Wyndham, with a net income of £314: the tithes of Iping have been commuted for £265. 10., and there are 15 acres of glebe. The church, rebuilt by subscription, and consecrated in October 1840, is in the later English style.