Ingworth (St. Lawrence)
INGWORTH (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, l½ mile (N.) from Aylsham; containing 152 inhabitants. It is bounded on the west by the river Bure, and comprises 505a. 1r. 25p., of which 433 acres are arable, 60 pasture and meadow, and 9 woodland: the road from Aylsham to Cromer passes through the village. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5, and in the gift of the family of Windham: the tithes have been commuted for £166, and the glebe comprises about 14 acres. The church, which is chiefly in the early and later English styles, had a circular tower, which fell in 1822.