Ilketshall (St. Andrew)
ILKETSHALL (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wangford, E. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (S. E. by E.) from Bungay; containing 548 inhabitants. It comprises 1530 acres, of which 100 are common or waste. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed in 1591 to the mastership of the free grammar school at Bungay, and valued in the king's books at £5. 13. 4.; net income, £139: the impropriation belongs to Mrs. Scott. The glebe comprises 22 acres. The church is in the early and later English styles, with a circular tower and south porch in the Norman style.