ICKWORTH, a parish, in the union and hundred of Thingoe, W. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (S. W.) from Bury St. Edmund's; containing 62 inhabitants. This place is the property of the Marquess of Bristol, whose magnificent seat is within the parish. The mansion, consisting of a circular centre connected with wings by extensive corridors, was commenced in 1792, but the western wing is not yet completed; the park, which includes the parish, comprises about 2000 acres of rich land. The surface is varied, and the lower grounds are watered by a rivulet which expands into a broad lake, the whole forming one of the most splendid demesnes in the country. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 11. 5½., and in the gift of the Marquess: the tithes have been commuted for £192. 1. 6., and the glebe comprises 5 acres. The church, the tower of which has been rebuilt by the present marquess, who has also added a south aisle, has a chancel in the early English style, and some windows in the decorated and later styles.