Ickenham (St. Giles)
ICKENHAM (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Uxbridge, hundred of Elthorne, county of Middlesex, 2¾ miles (N. E.) from Uxbridge; containing 396 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1500 acres, of which more than 1200 are meadow and pasture. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.; net income, £382; patron, T. T. Clarke, Esq. The greater portion of the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, under an act of inclosure, in 1780; and the remainder have recently been commuted for a rentcharge of £40. 2. 7.: the glebe consists of 13 acres. The church is an ancient structure.