Hutton (All Saints)
HUTTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Billericay, hundred of Barstable, S. division of Essex, 2½ miles (W.) from Billericay; containing 449 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1701 acres, of which 1185 are arable, 362 meadow, and 100 woodland. The village, which is small, is pleasantly situated on the road from Brentwood to Billericay, and nearly at an equal distance from each. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8, and in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's, London: the tithes have been commuted for £380, and the glebe comprises 22 acres. The church is a small ancient edifice with a tower of wood, and contains several inscriptions.