Huttoft (St. Margaret)
HUTTOFT (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (E.) from Alford; containing 515 inhabitants. It is bounded on the north-east by the sea, and comprises about 3300 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 11. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £100. The tithes were commuted for land and an annual money payment in 1779. The church is a handsome structure, much mutilated, and contains some ancient monuments. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.