Huntshaw (St. Mary Magdalene)
HUNTSHAW (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Torrington, hundred of Fremington, Braunton and N. divisions of Devon, 3 miles (N. N. E.) from Torrington; containing 296 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 7. 1., and in the gift of Lord Clinton: the tithes have been commuted for £190, and the glebe comprises 36 acres. John Lovering, in 1671, bequeathed £200 to purchase lands, a part of the proceeds to be applied in teaching children.