HUNSWORTH, a township, in the parish of Birstal, union of Bradford, wapentake of Morley, W. riding of York, 3½ miles (S.) from Bradford; containing 978 inhabitants. This township, which is comprehended in the ecclesiastical district of Birkenshaw, includes the hamlets of Hunsworth, East Bierley, and Toftshaw, and comprises by computation 1310 acres. It is principally pasture land, and is divided into numerous dairy-farms, which are under good management. The population is employed in agriculture and mining, and in the manufacture of stuff and woollen-cloth; the strata abound with coal, which is extensively wrought, and with ironstone, purchased in 1841 by the Bowling Iron Company. The village of Hunsworth, which is pleasantly situated, is small and irregularly built, consisting chiefly of scattered dwellings.