HULLAND, a township, in the parish of Ashbourn, hundred of Appletree, S. division of the county of Derby, 4½ miles (E.) from Ashbourn; containing 204 inhabitants. It comprises 900 acres of land, and has a village pleasantly situated on an eminence on the Ashbourn road. Hulland Old Hall, erected in 1692, is now a farmhouse. The district church here, built in 18378, and dedicated to Christ, is of stone, and cost, with the endowment, £2300; it contains 300 sittings, of which 138 are free. John Bradburne, and Anne his wife, founded a chantry chapel at Hough, in the township, in 1485, and endowed it with land, then producing £5 per annum: it was standing in 1712. There are places of worship for dissenters; and a school, with a residence for the master.