Hucking (St. Margaret)
HUCKING (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Hollingbourne, hundred of Eyhorne, lathe of Aylesford, W. division of Kent, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Maidstone; containing 117 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1188 acres, of which about 240 are pasture, 330 wood, and the rest arable. The village stands on the ridge of a line of chalk hills, and was anciently called Honkynge, from its elevated situation. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Hollingbourne: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £140, and the vicarial for £70.