Hoveton (St. Peter)
HOVETON (St. Peter), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 10 miles (N. E. by N.) from Norwich; containing 137 inhabitants. The parish comprises 945 acres, of which 45 are common or waste land. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the living of Hoveton St. John united; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Norwich: the great tithes have been commuted for £220, and the vicarial for £120. The church is a small edifice of brick, erected in 1624, and has several handsome monuments.