Horwood, Little (St. Nicholas)
HORWOOD, LITTLE (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Winslow, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham, 2 miles (N. E. by N.) from Winslow; containing 392 inhabitants. It comprises 2746a. 17p.; about 1190 acres are pasture, 112 meadow, 443 arable, and 1000 uninclosed land in Whaddon chase, to a great extent wooded. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 8.; net income, £111; patron and impropriator, the Rev. J. Bartlett. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in the year 1766. The church has been somewhat enlarged of late years.