HORTON, a township, in the parish of Chatton, union of Glendale, E. division of Glendale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 3½ miles from Wooler. This place was held of the Vesey barony by William Tuberville, and was afterwards, for many years, the seat of a younger branch of the Greys of Chillingham; upon the demise of Sir Henry Grey, it devolved on the late Earl Grey. The township comprises 2200 acres, of which 1500 are arable and 700 moorland, the whole divided into two farms; the river Till bounds it on the south. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £62. Here was a strong castle, of which there are now scarcely any remains.