Horsford (All Saints)
HORSFORD (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. N. W.) from Norwich; containing 593 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Holt to Norwich, and comprises 4176 acres, of which 2178 are arable; 1877 pasture and meadow, including 1600 acres of flat sterile heath; and 121 wood. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4. 5. 2¼.; patron and impropriator, Admiral Stephens. The great tithes have been commuted for £127. 7. 6., the vicarial for £100, and the glebe contains 10 acres. The church has portions in various styles of English architecture. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. At the inclosure in 1802, about 200 acres of heath were allotted to the poor for fuel.