Horseheath (All Saints)
HORSEHEATH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Linton, hundred of Chilford, county of Cambridge, 3½ miles (E. by N.) from Linton; containing 523 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Haverhill to Cambridge, comprises by computation 1775 acres. A fair, chiefly for pleasure, is held on the 5th of June. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8., and in the gift of the Governors of the Charter-House, London: the tithes have been commuted for £450, and the glebe comprises 17 acres. The church is a neat edifice in the later English style, and consists chiefly of a nave of great breadth, the roof of which, very slightly arched, is supported entirely by the side walls; it contains a mural tablet to the memory of Lord Montfort, who is described as "Baron of Horseheath." Here is a meeting-house for Independents.