Horningtoft (St. Edmund)
HORNINGTOFT (St. Edmund), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. by E.) from Fakenham; containing 290 inhabitants. It comprises 1386 acres, of which 1000 are arable, 187 pasture and meadow, and 197 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, united to that of Whissonsett, and valued in the king's books at £16. 17. 8½.: the tithes have been commuted for £335, and the glebe contains 27½ acres. The church is partly in the early and partly in the later English style.