Hopton (All Saints)
HOPTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (S.) from East Harling; containing 623 inhabitants. This parish is bounded on the northeast by the Lesser Ouse, which separates Suffolk from Norfolk; it comprises 1317a. 3r. 9p., and is pleasantly situated on the road from Bury to Norwich. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 5., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £284. The church, a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower, was repewed in 1830, and a gallery erected by subscription. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.