Hoo (St. Andrew and St. Eustachius)
HOO (St. Andrew and St. Eustachius), a parish, in the union of Plomesgate, hundred of Loes, E. division of Suffolk, 4¼ miles (N. W.) from Wickham-Market; containing 211 inhabitants, and comprising by survey 1212 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £44; patron, the Rev. O. S. Reynolds. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, with a square tower, and contains a curiously sculptured font. There were anciently guilds of the Holy Trinity, St. Mary, St. Peter, St. Andrew, and St. John.