Honing (St. Peter and St. Paul)
HONING (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 3¾ miles (S. E. by E.) from North Walsham; containing 344 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1401a. 1r. 2p., the surface of which is diversified with numerous undulations; the Ant navigation runs through. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Dilham, and valued in the king's books at £4. 13. 4.: about 7 acres of glebe are attached to it. The church is situated on an eminence, and commands fine views towards the east and south; it was rebuilt in 1796, with the exception of the tower, and repewed in 1840. Thomas Husband and John Baxter bequeathed property now producing £37. 17. per annum, for charitable purposes; and the poor have the privilege of turning their cattle upon the common here, and of cutting turf.